The best combination of disease resistance
- Suited to all regions and early drilling
- Recommended for the North, but major uptake across the UK
- Exceptional gross output
- Stiff straw with strong establishment
- Good verticillium wilt tolerance across sites
Multi-gene resistance to light leaf spot and stem canker combined with verticillium wilt tolerance supports Barbados’ performance across the UK. With strong on farm performance as well as good performances at our PDF sites, it has found favour in regions where both LLS and stem canker are an issue.
A DK Cabernet cross, Barbados combines many attributes of its wellliked parent plus a number of significant bolt-ons. This includes good winter hardiness and a strong, leafy, early growth leading to a tight canopy with a mass of well-packed pods.
It’s ideally suited to early drilling as part of flea beetle strategy. Barbados has excellent lodging resistance
- Barbados data sheet 2017 [pdf | 0.72 MB] pdf Download